British Values are embedded throughout our learning and behaviour curricula and our aim is to teach these holistically, as well as providing opportunities to explore British Values in greater depth.
Being 'ambitious, responsible, respectful and safe' is what we expect of all our community and the Headley Park Habits are underpinned by the British Values.
The Key British Values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths
You will see these being promoted in many different ways at Headley Park including:
- An RE curriculum that teaches about the beliefs and practices of all major religions and includes visits to religious places of worship
- A study of democracy as part of our Ancient Greece unit in Year 5
- A rich PSHE curriculum where children can explore, question and develop their understanding of these values and what they mean to them as members of the school and wider local and global community
- An elected school council who represent the views and opinions of their peers and contribute to decision making in school