Our curriculum is the primary way that we seek to achieve our core mission: to ensure that every pupil leaves our school with the ability and desire to learn more, unlock their potential and make their mark in the world.
Pupils at Headley Park are taught an ambitious curriculum, which is rigorous, coherent and sequential, where knowledge is taught to be remembered. Our cumulative curriculum from EYFS to Year 6, ensures that children build on their knowledge year by year. The curriculum is rooted in the strongest available evidence about how pupils learn and retain knowledge in the long term.
The following principles guide our curriculum design (intent) and delivery (implementation) across all subjects.
At Headley Park the curriculum is:
- rich in powerful knowledge, skills and vocabulary, which are specified, taught, assessed and remembered by pupils;
- well-planned and sequenced so that key concepts are built on year by year;
rooted in the strongest available evidence about how pupils learn and retain knowledge in the long term;
- taught by expert teachers;
- underpinned by a sharp use of assessment to support and progress learning; and
- supportive of teacher workload, wellbeing and professional development.
See below for the curriculum overviews for each year group.
Click on the subjects below to find out more about our broad and balanced curriculum. If you require any further information about the curriculum, please contact Mr Gingell via the school office.